Question

Jbknight311

How long does it take for credit card balance to roll off my credit report
I have 2 accounts in collections I dispute. I have not made any payments in 4 years. How long does it take for them to roll off my credit report?

Most Helpful Response

Officially for charge-offs and collections, paid or not, are 7 years plus 180 days from Date Of First Delinquency. Generally the Credit Bureaus would exclude them from your report in 7 years or bit less (3~ish months) if you call and ask for early exclusion, also you can always call Credit Bureaus to obtain the DOFD or when exactly it would be excluded.