Question

RachelFiemeyer

How long does it take for a new credit card to show up on your credit report?
my broke failed to tell me not to open any new cards, while my loan was waiting final approval I opened a Sears card to buy a wash machine for my new house. The inquiry showed up on my credit report so my loan approval got put on hold. I am now waiting for that card to show up on my credit report, the card was paid off two days later... It has now been a month sense I opened the card. When should I expect to see that credit card on my credit report?

I am not sure about Sears cards, but some lenders like Capital One for example take two months to show up.

I forgot to add, contact the issuer of the Sears card and ask them and ask them if they could kindly do something to get it reported as soon as possible. Explain your situation and be as polite as you can and hopefully they can help you out.