Question

tazevans1

How long does a less than full value credit settlement say on your record?
The credit account closed by creditor in July 2011, but I offered to settle for less than full value on March 2014. How long will this stay on my record and can I file a dispute to get it off my record if I am past the statute?

When did the account become delinquent that led to the creditor closing the account. Usually this would be one month after the last payment you paid. If the account was closed by the creditor in July 2011, that leads me to believe that the account became delinquent probably three to six months prior to that date. Was this account charged off? If so, figure sometime in 2018 it should fall off your reports due to the seven year reporting period.

P.S.

To simply all of this you can call up the credit bureaus and ask them when this account is slated to be removed.