Question

Hollyann08

How long does a car repo stay on your credit

Most Helpful Response

7 Years

It stays on your report for 7 years, and it drastically reduces your score by the hundreds.   

over 7 years

OK , what if its been over seven years and they will not remove it even after a dispute

ok well what if its been over 7 yrs

i disputed it and they will not remove it

frustrated by car repo

My husband got laid off and we had to let a car go back. Of course it got turned over to a collection agency. I tried to work out a monthly payment plan with them with an amount that I could afford to pay, but they wanted my bank info and would not agree to send me a monthly statement and it's frustrating to see the car on my credit report but I can't let creditors know that I tried to pay off the car loan in the only way that I could afford to, because the agency wouldn't work with me.