Question

brooklynborn55

how long do you take to report good thing and not bad??
all my credit cards are all paid off in full but you show them at there limits,i use them then pay them off two weeks ahead of time and you still have my Harley Davidson m/c as a libility when its beed paid off two yrs ahead of time and i still own the bike,i didnt have to sell it to pay it off,and now im also a home owner dont that count for something?? you know what just cancel my account ,it take you way too long to report anything good but bad stuff is there the next day

just cancel my account

you people wait way too long to show improvements in credit reports3 5 8 months all the same stuff when i pay my bills every month ,you can check with my credit cards,there paid two weeks ahead of time and so is my house,my harley is paid off and ive stiill have her..you rate my credit as poor ,well i take affence to that and to you ,my credit should be 750 ..if you ever care to talk to me ,i can be reached at 702-875-6356..very unhappy with your rating,its like your trying to sell us lexington law..

Things you need to understand.

First off, this site gets its credit information from Transunion, which is one of the three credit reporting bureaus.  The other two are Experian and Equifax.  Different creditors choose to report to different credit bureaus, and they may not speak to each other so that is why it takes time to get things reported.  Computers are only as fast as the party entering the data.

You said you pay your credit cards two weeks ahead of time.  Is this even before you get the monthly statement?  If so, you are making a big mistake.  Look over the most available bill and find the "closing date."  That is the date the credit card company totals all charges available (some stores are slow at getting the data in to them) and prepares the bills for mailing.  If you pay "Total Amount Due" on the statement , you're doing fine.  Credit scores will show usage and paid on time, both good things for your record.

But, if you are sending in the total amount you had charged to date (likely more than what is shown on the statement) you will end up with ZERO usage shown because the credit card company computers  will not have shown that you used the cards.   Your account on the computer will show either a zero balance or a -$xx.xx because you paid ahead, which is not good for the credit score.

Credit is a sort of game and one has to understand the rules to benefit from it.  You, understandably, may be seeking to avoid paying as much interest as possible, and that is good. When you pay the bill after it arrives and before the due date you won't be paying interest.

Utilize the Financial Tools such as Credit Simulator on this sit to better understand what actions are positive and which are  not.  Read the articles.  And, when was the last time you checked your credit reports?  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all 3 credit reports.  Look them over thoroughly and file disputes on any WRONG entries with the credit bureau reporting them.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the disputed entries.

Hope this helps.