Question

ANDILEE

How long do missed payments show up credit report?
In looking at my report missed payments from 2013 are still showing up on an account that I no longer have.

Most Helpful Response

They will remain for seven years whether the account is open or not. Sometimes it can be possible to remove negative information from your reports, so if you have any questions on that, be more specific about the status of the account. Be aware that the damage of the missed payments will decrease over time, so you are not getting the "full damage" for seven years, but it definitely is not a good thing. Make sure that you spend an hour or so a day reading everything that you can about credit, the information gained will be helpful to you the rest of your life.

Missed payments

missed payments 5 to 10 years ago still show on credit report. According to Karma, this is most damaging to my score. How do I get these removed...or can I ?