Question

misegypt

How long do Late payments remain on credit report in New York?
I have a closed account that is reporting 30 days late about 5 years ago. I know in NY judgements come off after 5 years. I am wondering if it is worth disputing accuracy of lateness or too old to report. I am going to refinance my mortgage. It seems CK doesn't factor this into scores but other formulas do. My scores are all over the place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Nationwide, accounts remain on your credit reports for 7 years, unless you had negotiated a 'pay for delete' arrangement with the creditor.  You would be wise to take the time to read the articles on this site so you can learn how credit works.  That is what Credit Karma is all about.