Question

Randolphp7777

How long do I keep my secured cards for?
I have now established credit and I have three unsecured cards. Do I still need my secured cards?

Most Helpful Response

General advice is to have at least 2-3 cards for scoring purposes.  If you have at least 2-3 unsecured then you could close the secured cards based on that alone.  It's up to you to determine if you have other possible reasons for retaining the secured cards.  Keep in mind that closing a credit card will impact your revolving utilization.  Do the math to see how much impact.

Randolphp7777

Thank you. I also did not realize age of accounts. I am glad to know that I am not trapped and I can cancel the secured accounts anytime I need the money.