Question

Noobmaster

How long before I get a credit score?
After I have been paying my phone bill, and my Kohl's Charge on time/ ahead of time how long will it take before I get a credit score?

I didn't know much about credit score so I applied for 3 different chase credit cards not know about hard inquires...

Anyways, how long before my on time and ahead of payments will impact my credit score?

Initial credit scoring

If you have just recently started using using credit, and have a Kohl's credit card, then you should actually have a credit score.  It may be low in the beginning, but it will build up in time.  Don't close the Kohl's card, and maybe even use it occasionally just to keep it active.  Concerning the credit card applications; don't do too many too quickly, because that will really work negatively against your credit.  I'm presuming you were denied on these applications.  If so, wait a while, and see if you can get a "starter credit card", even if you have to go the secured route. 

Talk to your banker or other loan officer you think you can depend on.  Tell them your situation before you consider applying again.  They may help you get started on the right foot, and keep it going.  Just be patient, because it will take a few months for your score to start going in the right direction again.

The "hard hits" are the ones that hurt your scoring.  An application for credit causes a hard hit.  Checking your credit here on Credit Karma, or places like MyFICO will not do any harm to your credit.  Some of these inquires may result in a 'soft hit", but it does not affect credit.  I hope this helps you some.