Question

jobie1

How long before a negative remark is removed from your credit report?
In 2007 I moved from one state to another state. Shortly after moving I was laid off from my job. I was out of work for 6 months and got behind on my child support. Once I began working again I got caught up, I was out of work for 6 months and my credit report shows 7 delinquent payments. My son turned 18 two years ago and my child support payments stopped when he turned 18. I haven't been behind since 2008. I called the office of child support services and they show the account current and closed. When will this drop off my credit report?

Since it is a part of your  credit history, it will drop 7 years after the last payment was made, give or take a couple of months to get the information entered into the final record.