Question

Dcka1

How long after you pay an account off does it change on credit karma
Paid off a car two weeks ago, account in good standing when will this show on my credit report

Auto Loan

Why is it that I paid off my auto loan balance of $68,000 and my scored dropped 15 points?

katpao

Because the people who created the credit bureau, are the same people who profit off the interest on your loans and credit cards. Naturally, they have created the system to ensure that you are continally indebted to them. Needless to say, you need to take out another loan or get yourself some more credit cards!

student loan

My student loan has been paid off over 7 years ago and its still on my credit

auto loan paid off

I just made my last auto payment.  I have never been late on my car payment.  How many points will this add to my credit score.

ddaug4uf

Unfortunately, the act of making the last payment will not have any impact on your credit score. You have accrued a significant amount of positive already just by making the payments on time and now this will show up on your report for several more years with no way to make a negative impact. It is also an established account that will impact your average age of open credit lines for years to come. 

How is your score right now? There may be some other steps to take to build on this that will increase your score.

Paying off auto loan can lower score

Creditors like to see a variety of types of credit: mortgage, car loan, student loans, credit cards, etc. Unfortunately, when you pay off a car loan it can narrow your credit mix and therefore lower your score. Very unfair, but that's the case as I understand it.

Paying the loan off helps your debt-to-income ratio, which will help you when applying for another loan. Paying a loan on time is what boosts your actual score, as I understand it.

auto loan

i have paid  my truck loan off last month and credit karma has not taken it off my credit score yet how long befor it disapears from my report ?

tlr318

Same thing happened to me😡😡😡😡😡

joplinlady

EnI paid off 2 vechiles in the past 6 months their still on our report. And I paid off an account in 2012 4 years ago and it is still on my credit

Paying off auto loan can lower score

Same question.

I have auto loan paid off nearly 2 months ago but it is negatively affecting my main CREDIT Score,  but the odd thing is....it made my  payment history Excellent....Does anybody know the reasoning for this ? I thank anyone in advance if anybody  can give me the piece of mind I cannot figure out.:

katpao

The reasoning is, like I told the other person; the people who created the credit bureau are the same people that profit off the interest you pay on loans and credit cards. They have worked it out so that you must continually be indebted to them, or your score will suffer.

paid off loan, still showing here

Paid off my BMW motorcycle loan almost two months ago and it's still showing over $7000 balance here.  I'm worried this may affect my chances of getting another vehicle load next month.  Who can I contact to get this removed?

EJOE44

your financing company have not reported your payments I think you should contact your financial company and let them know that you have no record of your payment in your credit report

mamaj1985

Call the place who had the loan and notify them that it still shows a balance on your credit report. They might help

paid car loan

I know I finished paying my car loan in November and the only change I see in my report on creditkarma is that it no longer shows as an open account under auto loans.