Question

Creditismynightmare

How long after you get a capital one secured card did you ask for a CLI?

Used the card alot, made mutiple payments / on time payments, did not carry a balance from month to month. At a 580 TU Score I was approved for a $200 secured C1 Platinum Card. I heard that after three months on on-time payments that you could get $100 CLI. Asked after four months and was denied. The reason given was that CLI weren't given on secured accounts. I was a little dissappointed. I continued to use the card, make payments as specified above and six months to the day I received a +1500 CLI - go figure!  

The key is to spend responsibly. If you can't pay it off within a month, don't charge it. I still have not paid any finance charges to this day! 

C1 PLATINUM CL is 1700. TU 725, EQ 719,  EX 698

Don't ask (it would most likely lead to Hard Inquiries to damage your score along with a denial) they will probably issue an automatic credit line increase after you have the card for six months as long as everything is in good standing.