Question

bigbelly11

how long after you are late for a mortgage payment will you qualify for a new mortgage?
I am selling my house and buying a new one. My problem is a have a late payment on my existing mtg from December. How long do I have to wait to qualify for a new mortgage with this on my credit report.

Check with the mortgage company, usually you have to wait a year after a late payment was made. Also if you just have one late payment; you may want to ask your current mortgage company if they would remove the late payment from your file. As a sign of good faith.....

Still on Ex's mortgage loan w/late pmts

I am still on ex-husband's mortgage loan even though we are divorced 3 years ago - and he is also rnow emarried. I was able to purchase my own home 3 years ago when we were divorced (which is in excellent standing, having never missed a loan payment on my loan). I now want to try to get a home equity loan to do home improvements and pay off a few straggler divorce debts, but have been denied due to my ex-husband having late mortgage payments.last year - - then he qualified for a loan modification. So the last late payment he made was a year ago when the modification was in place and has been current ever since. Even though I have a divorce decree that states he is solely responsibile for the home mortgage payments, the lenders don't seem to care about that since my name is on his original mortgage docs.

Mycredit234

The only way I will be able to get my name off that mortgage is for ex to re-fi, but the house is severly under water.