Question

Posted in Taxes

birons247

How long after I file before IRS accepts return?
I filed last year using CK, now again this year, and it seems like the IRS takes a little longer to "accept" return when using CK, as compared to previous years. Has anyone filed this year using CK and had the IRS accept their return yet?

I filed my return on 02/06/2018 at 9:58am est. As of 02/09/2018 6:14pm est my returns have not been accepted. I contacted IRS (earlier today), and after waiting several hours to speak with a live agent, I was told the only information in the system was my return being rejected back in January when I used turbo tax (which I already knew about). I decided to mail in my returns this year, but I"m still checking to see if my return will actually be sent to the IRS through credit karma. I will not use their tax services again, not worth the headache. I also hate there is no phone number to call in order to speak with someone about the issue.

Still Waiting!

I filed with Credit Karma on Jan 22 and they were received on Jan 29 at 3 PM. As of Feb 7 they have yet to approve my refund. I don't know why it takes so fking long to process my return. This is the digital age, why isn't everything instant? It should not take weeks like it used to when everything was done via snail mail. I think this is just another stall tactic by the law makers who accept bribes to help the companies that offer refund advances.

Refunds

General Speaking .... The IRS did NOT start accepting returns until January 29, 2018. If you submitted your return before then, you wouldn't get an email of acceptance. When you submit a tax return through any "Software" program electronically. It could take 24-48 hours for the IRS to accept the return. If you submit a return on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, don't expect an acceptance email until the following week. If you are lucky you might possibly get one on Monday, but most likely you will receive it Tuesday/Wednesday. Once you get your official "acceptance" from the IRS, they will not have any information on file for you for 21 DAYS!! Until your return is completely processed and finalized, which in fact, takes 3 weeks/21 days from the day the IRS accepts your electronically filed return. So if you call, you will not get a refund date. Best bet, check the website. Or the mobile app. It has the most up-to-date info. If you don't see a refund date online then neither will the person you are calling. Might save you 2 hours of waiting on hold, getting no where and most importantly, less frustration for you!

last time

no more credit karma taxes---remember this for next year.....burnt once is the right number... selling a great product? should be proud!!!

IRS accepting return

They have not accepted my return that was filed with Credit Karma 1/27/2018.  I have been wondering the same thing.  I am wondering if it really went through since I heard IRS wasn't accepting until 1/28/2018.

Christine

cynise916

Enter Your I submitted my taxes through turbo tax on the 29th. IRS still telling me that I have to wait 24hr after acceptance to track my refund. I am wondering if they ever received it. Ugh!

Was your return filed or accepted on the 4th. Mine was accepted on the 15th I'm hoping my tomorrow they will be in. Did  you track them by chance how accurate was the tracking bar that updated your return? And also were you aware you were going to receive them on today's date? Or did you just notice they went in ? 

I filed on February 4th. I received my federal return today. My state return has not been accepted. This happened last year too, so I'm not panicing...yet!

macybean

Update: My state return was accepted today. So Federal took 8 days from filing to refund, and state took 9 days to be accepted.

Why hasn't mine been accepted?

I filed my taxes on Jan. 19th, and it is now Feb. 1 and they still have not accepted my return. WHAT IS THE HOLD UP?

Tax season doesn't open until January 29th so nothing will be accepted before then.

tylermiles99

interesting.... and thank you altho, i have several friends that have filed via turbo tax and they have received their acceptance emails already.

cnewberry211

My tax returb has not been accepted by the IRS yet either and I submitted mine 1/23/18.  Several of my friends that used different software have also had their returns accepted already within 24 hours of submitting. There is obviously something wrong with Credit Karma software as it is now 1-29-18 and IRS still has no record of my tax return.  This will be the first and last time I use Credit Karma.  

No information

I showed my return was sent on the 18th (Jan), I called the IRS on 2/1, and the rep told me they have nothing in the system, she did 2 different checks. I don't know, when I chat with a rep I get a hard time to get the issue resolved. It has been another whole day, and no solutions. I don't know if my file got caught up in a glitch, or what. As of right now no one who can fully help with this issue reached out..