Question

ARosendo92

How long after deleting a debt off my report will my score increase?
I had a debt deleted from my report after proving i never owed it....how long til my score increases?? The debt is already off my report but my score has not changed..its been about 3 weeks since it was deleted.

Most Helpful Response

I recently settled a debt by ways of pay for delete it was only a small amount $90 it took a few weeks for the debt to be removed from my collection but once it was my score instanly went up only 10pts though. if your score hasnt changed i would assume there is somthing else holding it back.

princessjenjo

how did you pay for delete? i have 2 small amounts id like deleted.. did you just talk to the people you had to pay?> did you have to write a letter or anything? Thanks!

how do I "pay for delete" to get a (2 year) old missed payment off my credit report? I even closed (or so I thought) the credit card and yet it still shows up on my credit karma. What do I do?

YouknowmeasCyn

Send a good faith letter to the creditor asking that if you pay the debt would they list as "paid as agreed" or delete it all together. Make sure you DO NOT PAY until you have recieved a letter stating that they will agree to delete on company letter head. This way if you pay and they do not delete you can submit it to the agencies for removal!