Question

Sprinkl3Monst3r

How likely is it for my bank of 1 yr to give me a credit card with a score under 600?
I'm trying to rebuild my credit... I have a few things on there that I'm not sure count. There's my cable/internet bill, conn's and my car. My score has gone up about 30 points since the beginning of the year but I want it to pretty much rocket (even though I feel it's impossible). I also noticed something kind of odd... Can anyone tell me if it's better on your score to run multiple credit lines all at once or does credit get better by how many you've had in total since building your credit?

Depends on who you bank with

If you are talking about a local bank then they most likely will not give you a credit card. If you bank with a national bank, then maybe. Your best bet would be to look for a credit card from a big time card company such as Capital One. Capital One is one of the best for people with limited or damaged credit. Check out their preapproval on their website to see if you are preapproved for any of their cards. If you have to, start with a Secured credit card.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things such as internet/cable bill or other utilities are not factored into a credit score, although they may be very soon under a new process, but that will be for people with limited or no credit history. I have no idea what "conn's" is, so I cannot answer that. As far as your auto loan, it depends on if the lender reports to the credit bureaus, some lenders do and some lenders don't and some lenders may only report to one credit bureau rather than all three.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am unsure as to what you are asking on your last question, but I will tell you for building credit you want 3 credit cards and 1 installment loan that reports to all three credit bureaus. I suggest that you buckle down and do some serious reading on the topic of building credit and you will learn a lot that will help you on your journey. Building credit is something that you do not want to go into blind as you can make mistakes that can hurt you more than help you.