Question

daledeloy

How late of a payment will be reported?
I've never, I kid you not, NEVER been late on a payment. Every month I take the time to set up my payments in conjunction with my budgeting (I pay more than the minimum). Well, it looks like I forgot to set up a credit card payment and was late on paying it by only 3 days. This payment should be posted by the end of the billing cycle.

Is this going to show up on my report? I hate myself, I've never done this and it was a honest-to-god mistake. =(

Good Question

Call the credit card company and ask if they have a grace period.  Also  tell them it was an honest mistake. Most credit card companies will wave 1 late payment. It can't hurt to ask. I hope this helps!

daledeloy

I called, the woman with the CC company I spoke to was understanding.  She waved the $25 late fee but she was uncertain about it being reported as a missed/late payment for certain.  It was great I got that money waved but I'm more worried about taking that 25-30 point hit on my credit report.  I'll be apartment hunting in Autumn; now I'm more stressed about it with my credit score possibly taking a hit! .........