Question

Ck0303

How is my credit so bad with no late payments or negative history of any kind ?
I am a student with one loan that ha already been paid off no late payments or any other kind of negative history yet my credit is poor any clue as to why ?

If you just had a loan that you paid off, then your current credit line is $0.  That loan creates some credit history, but since you're still a student, I'd guess it's a couple years or less.

You're just a bit above someone that has no credit history at all.  That's why..

Lack of credit history.

credit is based on Ratios and balances...   Your debt to income ratio, your utilization of credit ratio etc.  The truth is your credit history is short and if you don't owe anyone anythng you have no debt.  thats a god thing but it doesn't help with your credit score! 

I would suggest getting 1 credit card, prefferably with the bank you do your business with.  use it for everyday expenses and pay ot off every month.  over time you'll see your score rise.  Also spend a little time educating yourself as to how credit works on sites like this.