Question

Debianmc

How is my credit score effected if the bank discontinues my credit card?
I received an email that read "We regret to inform you that the Value City Furniture credit card account program issued by Comenity Bank will be discontinued effective April 1, 2013. We genuinely regret any inconvenience this may cause you"

Wanting to know the same

I received the same email and want to know what this will do to my score.

Impact on credit

It will show on your credit as  a closed account and if you have a balance, it will still show your balance.  But it will show 0 credit available. Closed accounts have a negative impact on  your credit. I had a large amount of available credit, which improved my credit score, so im a bit bitter about this.specially the short notice.