Question

EKSOko

How is it permissible for TransUnion to drastically affect my credit score in a single week?
My credit score with TransUnion went up gradually to almost being equal with Experian, however, within a week they dropped it 16 points without citing a reason. Not even an inquiry. WTH?!? This angers me as I'm doing my best to improve my score to better my life. I don't need such arbitrary actions from the powers that be disenchanting me into hopelessness due to unfairness.

Most Helpful Response

The most likely cause of weekly/monthly score fluctuations is the utilizations. People might not notice the change or didn't pay attention to it because they usually pay their credit card bills in full every months, however, utilization is what balances they have on/around statement closing date, and that's the balance being reported to credit bureaus that calculating your utilizations, so one's utilization might be affected even though they paid in full.