Question

RG56

How in the world did my Transunion Score drop close to 20 points
I just checked my score a couple of days ago and it was 665 which is great, I was estatic about it seeing I have been busting my butt to get my score up. Now in less then 3 days my score has dropped 40 points and I haven't done anything to impact it (like get a credit report or applied for credit). I just went to my bank to get prequalified for a FHA Loan. This morning I came in here to verify my Transunion Score so I can tell the Loan Officer from the bank what it was and saw it was 629 instead of 655. What gives?

First, your lender is not going to use the score that you find on here. Most lenders will use a version of FICO scores, so I would check them to see where you are at. Secondly, scores tend to bounce around with any scoring system but more so with Non-Fico scoring systems. You also may have had a hard inquiry for the loan preapproval, but if it did not show up, then maybe that isn't the case. Long story short, check your Fico scores.

RG56

Thanks, I didn't think he (the Bank Manager) did a hard inquiry but he was on the computer for a bit before he assigned me a Loan Officer. My Bank uses Transunion mostly, so I told them what my Transunion score was and they basically got me started for a prequalified FHA Loan. Even still my credit score is still high enough to get me the Loan by their standards, I was just suprised to see it drop down, from fair to poor and that quick, he may have did an inquiry seeing he had access to my bank records before he gave me the loan package, set me up with one of their loan officers and setting me up with a RE Agent. Thanks for the quick response, I didn't think of that....