Question

Foreverhis62

How having 0 balances long term affects your score long term?
Good morning starting next month I have medical to pay MEDICARE AND ALL OTHER REQUIREMENTS! FROM MY WIDOWS PENSION SOCIAL SECURITY I'll need to pay all these accounts off! I opened these since my husband's death to build my score! Question being how will θ balance reflect on my score now and long term?
Thank you

ZERO BALANCE

Your zero balance issue won't hurt you but does'nt help much either. My sister never had cars or credit cards and the new place she tried to obtain a credit card from had not much to go on.

Have you checked your scores with credit karma? If they are low, use one or two and keep balance small and current and it will help alot!

GOOD LUCK FRIEND!

If you no longer plan on needing the

use of credit cards, then start using them for your regular expenses.  i.e. one for gas, one for groceries, one for utilities. etc.  That way you still show usage with out incurring additional expenses.

another option is to put your cards into a rotation, using one card a month putting all your expenses on it. Then use a different card the next month.  

either of these will show utilization and not let your credit stagnate.