Question

momofjs

How far back does a Tri-merge Credit Report go?
I had a bankruptcy (dismissed), a foreclosure (FHA loan) and a car repo (from Ford credit) over 10 years ago. None of those items are on my current credit report and I have been slowly and steadily rebuilding my credit and paying rent and car payments on time. However, I've heard that mortgage lenders will know if you've had a foreclosure by looking at the tri-merge credit report. Is that true? My bankruptcy was a public record and I guess it could be found with a little digging, but would they go that far?

Just as a way of background, Ford and Chase Manhattan mortgage were on my report for several years, but I never paid anything back after the repo and foreclosure. I guess they stopped trying.

I'd just like to know how much this will hamper me in trying to get a new mortgage. Thanks very much!

They should only repsect the items currently listed on your credit report. Unless you are applying for a loan to the C.I.A..... Lol! You should be fine man! Good luck!