Question

charlito49

how exactly do,and why,do credit card companies want to pay me money?

Most Helpful Response

What mine does.

Some credit card companies like to give you a small percentage of money because they are making money off the credit card sale.  One of my credit cards posts the money as (company name) dollars and I can use that after it reaches $50 or more.  I've used it to make an additional payment on the card.

Another company gives"points" to be redeemed on merchandise available through their online "rewards" catalog.  That is a card I opened just to get a discount and I have not redeemed any points, and am not caring much.

My newest card doesn't do rewards points and I'm happier because the interest rate is lower. 

Hope this helps.