Question

yarigionel

how down can go my score for no payment eviction?
The landlord said I owe him 4,500 but we paid. They never give us receipt so we don't have proof of that but they neither. I'm going to court to fight this but if I lose I want to know with number how affect this my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

It would depends on how the debt/account is being reported. Generally, "eviction" isn't on your credit report, its usually on separate rental/eviction reports and it's matter of public record, so landlords can find out with a simple record search, but it might not be affect your credit scores.

-

If the account is send/sold to collectio? It will most likely show up on your credit report, the collection will definitely affect your scores.

-

Then worse, it's what you are facing right now with a lawsuit, either filed by you or the landlord. If the outcome is against you (got my fingers and toes crossed, hoping it isn't)? Then now you would have a judgement on your credit report, the judgement tend to bit worse than collections in creditor's eyes

-

As for how much your score will be affected? No one can tell you with any certainty, it would depend on many factors, however usually, the higher your scores is? The more it will drop, whether you have clean file or have other delinquent marks.

yarigionel

Credit score 646. No collections. Two auto loans paid in full and on time. My others accounts have a perfect payment history.  that 4,500 can put my credit score in 500?

JohnnyRain127

If it went to collection? My guess would be 50~70 points drop, if it end up as judgment? probably 70~100 point drop. The dollar amount isn't really a factor, 500 or 5000 should scored the same.