Question

Junipleria

How does the mortgage taken out in my name affect my credit score and can i resolve its affects?
When signing up for this website i was asked about a mortgage taken out in my name but i have never taken out a mortgage. I would like more information and a chance to resolve this.

This could have been a question to make sure you are who you say you are but, in any question, go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports which you will examine thoroughly and file a dispute on any wrong information with the credit bureau reporting it.  This is something we should do once a year to make sure all information being reported is correct.