Question

Posted in Retirement

Pyroalchemist

How does retirement effect credit scores?
I currently have a score in the mid 700s. Assuming I have no unsecured debt when I retire next year how will my credit be effected.

Your retirement and potential reduction in income has no bearing on your credit report as this is not a reportable item.   Should you apply for future credit, reflecting this status and the change in income can be reflected to all current creditors.   As long as you have a means of payment and remain in good standing, I would not expect to see any reduction in your credit lines.   If you have no unsecured debt, then over time, you could see reductions in your credit score based upon the lack of open accounts.