Question

MYIAMUD

How does my rent affect my credit? I don't see it on my report.
I have been living in an apartment for 2 years and thought my rent would be shown in my credit report but I do not see it. Am I mistaken? Does rent not go towards credit?

apparently not

if its not shown on your annual free credit report, then it's not affecting your score.   https://www.creditkarma.com/question/does-paying-apartment-rent-help-improve-my-credit-score

Cost of living expenses

in general COL expenses such as rent and utilities are not reported on your report.  This not considered credit but "payment for service" They haven't "Loaned" any money to you, so its not credit. It costs money to report every month as well so they don't want to incur the extra expense either. 

If you fall behind on these types payments they will close your account then "Sell" the account to a collection agency so they get their money and the collection agency will then try to collect the money from you using your credit report as leverage.

Hope that explains it.