Question

yarianna

how does it effect your credit score if you close credit accounts with 0 balance
I have 3 credit cards without a balance which have been open maybe 2-3 years. I want to close them but was wondering how this effects my credit score.

It will really depend on the rest of your credit profile, but most likely it will DAMAGE your credit. Make sure that you do some thorough reading on this before you proceed. If you do decide to close some cards, only do one at a time and see what the result is before you close any more. The result may take a month or so to be determined. All in all, I would not advise closing them.