Question

jjlisa

how does immediately canceling your credit card affect your credit?
I accidentally signed up for a credit card when I was shopping, thinking it was a rewards card. I realized it about 20 minutes after I left the store. I went back to the store to cancel it, but they told me I would have to call this number and cancel it myself, which I did immediately. I made no purchases with this credit card? Would this affect my credit?

Lets see,  you took a hit when you applied for the card,  you signed the documents without reading them I take it.  so you will see a slight drop because of the hard inquire.  

Then you closed the account right after and that will ding you again ( not sure how much )

So yes it will affect your credit.