Question

tums1

How does Credit Karma make $$?
I'm new here. How is it that Credit Karma is a free service? They are so knowledgeable & helpful! I'm presently reading 'Confessions of a Credit Junkie' by Beverly Harzog & she highly recommends Credit Karma! I can't understand how it can be free! Can somebody briefly explain how this site makes a living?

They make money a few ways.

Ad's is the number one way I would think they make money.

The are a sorce of information that I'm sure they sell to the companys  They have Credit History on over 35 million folks.  They can slice and dice the information alot of different ways for reports and sell the reports.  ( Targeted ad's )

Then there are the folks that link there Credit Card accounts to track their spending ( Would never do this ) There is more data for more reports for more targeted Ad's.