Question

xaust

How does CK determine if a TU collection is open vs closed?
The collection reported on Transunion below shows up in the CK "Open Collection" section (vs Closed Collection).
The collection is Closed - it was paid-in-full back in December.
Does CK key off of there being a "Date Closed" entry for Transunion?

From my actual Transunion credit report:

Placed for Collection: 08/12/2010
Responsibility: Individual Account
Account Type: Open Account
Loan Type: COLLECTION AGENCY/ATTORNEY
Balance: $0
Date Updated: 11/28/2015
Original Amount: $1,251
Original Creditor: MEDICAL-xxxxxxxxx
Pay Status: >Account Paid in Full; was a Collection<

This is a monitoring site.  CK is only showing how it is being reported.

xaust

Yep - that makes sense. But my question is a technical one for the people that understand how the CK web site software works. The CK software "looks" at what is reported from TU and then formats it and presents it to be more human readable than a raw credti report text file. That is very useful. But what is it in my snippet from my raw TU credit report that causes CK to display it as an "Open Collection"?

Is this report from TU for this collection missing a "Date Closed" entry? Is it "Date Closed" that CK software uses to display the collection as Closed?

Does anyone have a phone number for technical questions at CK?

xaust

CK is awesome! I'm not trying to find any fault with CK at all. Quite the contrary. I believe that CK is reporting this collection accurately based on what TU is reporting to them. I am only trying to figure out what is lacking from TU to make this collection be shown as "Closed". I have disputed this collection three times now with Transunion to accurately report it as "Closed" and they have done nothing to help. Their CS reps are profoundly useless. I am trying to figure out EXACLTY what is lacking in this report so that I can be more specific with TU.