Question

MAC399

How does borrowing affect my credit score?
I would like to pay off my credit card debt of 9000 by taking out a personal loan. Is it worth the venture? I currently owe $12,000 in school loans. How will it affect my Credit Score?

Most Helpful Response

If the personal loan offers a better interest rate, then it is a good idea.  If your student loans are Federal, check into consolidation and/or getting into a different repayment program (like income based).  Plus, if you work for a non-profit or in the public sector your Federal Loans can be forgiven entirely.  If you are interested in finding out about this, call Crest at 469-619-0644 - no charge to find out if you qualify.  Best of luck!