Question

ethelrere

how does adding my daughter as an authorized user of a CC affect her credit report
i added my daughter to my account as an authorized user just for convenience of not having to borrow the card. i didnt realize it would affect her credit in any way. she has decided to open her own CC account and found my card on her report. i have read that any negative activity with those cards may affect her credit. Since she had no credit before, will taking her name off this account cause her credit to fall drastically?

How you use the card will be reflected

On her report. It is as if the card is in her name. Payments and usage will show on her report. Most parents add their kids to an account to help them establish credit, usually when they are in high school or college.   I have a card that my son is still a signer on  he's 36 now  I opened the account when he was leaving for the marines 2 months after graduating high school  it was for emergencies and travel then  it's his oldest account and generally has a zero balance  which helps his credit score immensely  his credit score is higher than mine  

If you take her off the card now, it will show as a closed account. It will stop updating activity on her report but it will remain on her report for 7 years after it's closed  

In reality, unless the account is a mess with missed payments and high balances, it is actually helping her to get started with her credit history.