Question

Grow441

How does a replaced credit card affect my credit score?
Due to risk reported by a merchant where I had used my credit card our credit card account was closed and a new card issued. For a short time my credit limit reflected both cards so it appeared my limit had doubled. Does the replacement of this card affect my credit score and will the false increase in limit have a negative affect?

It usually take about 30 days to update

You might see a slight hiccup but it should correct itself right away. 

replaced card

They cancelled a lost card and replaced it with a new one but my score went down 40 points

lost card lowered my score

My score dropped -25 points when my Cap One card was stolen and canceled, they replaced it with a new one.  This showed an account as being closed, and a new one opening.  This started my 4 year credit history back to 0 (1st year) (and made it look like a cancellation due to nonpayment, instead of the SAME account, new card?)

You should be penalized for a stolen card.

starbaseone

Correction: cardholder should NOT be penalized for a stolen card.

Replacement accts

I also was penalized for a stolen card. One of my cards had the number stolen (I still have the card) but when someone tried to use it in Ind. it put up a flag and my acct was closed and a new one opened lowering my score everytime and it has happened to me 5 x. (two of those x's was because I lost the card). It's not right that I'm being penalized because someone steals my card or I lose a card (even though I reported it right away).