Question

jweissburg57

How does a personal line of credit impact my credit score if it is drawn on and repaid 1 day later?
If I open a personal line of credit and use it every month for 1 day, and then repay it the next, will it have a positive effect on my credit score? I am worried because I pay it back so quickly it will not be captured on my credit score.

Most Helpful Response

I've seen a strategy for using revolving credit like this elsewhere on CK. It might be in the "How can I improve my score 100 points in 6 months thread". It involves making a purchase the day before your billing date and then paying it off in full the day after your billing date.

jweissburg57

Do you know which thread?  There are a bunch labeled "how to raise" instead of "how to improve" my score 100 points in 6 months.  Also the first one has over 700 responses.  Thanks for your help.

Don't quote me on that, though. Check the thread I referred to above for the actual method this guy uses.