Question

JeniLyn976

How does a mortgage show up on my credit score when i do not and never have owned a home?
I have never had my name on a deed, lease, or anything else of that nature. My credit check says there is possibly one on my current credit check. How and why? Also, how do I find out who and how to contact these people?

Most Helpful Response

Get your credit reports.

Go to annualcreditreport.com and request all 3 credit reports.  Look them over very thoroughly and file disputes of each error you find with the credit bureau that is reporting that error.  They have to investigate each item and verify or delete it.  This can take up to 90 days.

Make it a habit to check your credit reports every year to make sure only correct information is shown.