Question

Skruiu

How does a card limit drop 74 points on your score?
I have 1 credit card, has a limit of $200. Last month I used it for a total of $139. My score dropped 74 points on transunion!!! Equifax went up 7 points. That was the only change to my credit. Can someone explain that?

"Credit Card Utilization" plays a big part in your credit scores. When you utilize over 30% of your card's credit line your scores start to get dinged pretty good and you well exceeded that percentage. Damage from high credit card utilization is not permanent and will repair when you get the card paid back down or off.