Question

Joeldeacon

How do you Void an unactivated pre-approved card ???
I received a pre-approved card in the mail, after reading all the, if, ands, or buts I decided I didn't want it. To my horror I found out my first min. payment was already on Transunion. I never activated it or even tried to use it. I wasn't to worried at first because in big letters was, "YOUR NEW CARD CANNOT BE USED FOR ANY PURCHASES OR TRANSACTIONS UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ACTIVATED BY YOU AND CARDS NOT ACTIVATED WITHIN 14 DAYS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE CLOSED" I say fine and dandy, however why then is the card listed as active and the minimum balance already due. I am afraid to call the company for just calling might activate the dam thing, anyone know about this dilemma.

Most Helpful Response

Call the company and tell them you do not agree to their terms and conditions and that you will not be activating the card. Additionally you demand that they remove the annual fee, if any, that was charged and remove the data from the credit bureaus as if no account had ever been open. Get their response in writing. Then dispute the item with the credit bureaus.