Question

righiouer

How do you update your score in the new beta format. Thanks

Most Helpful Response

You can't.  I have contacted CK directly on this a number of times and they give a roundabout answer that is relatively meaningless.  I understand their reasoning, but for a lot of us, it doesn't fly or fit our usage.  I use two other services that let me update daily, and now my Credit Karma is up to 7 days behind at any given moment.

Your score should update automatically, weekly now.  It is sad.

Please contact them under "Help" in the top right and suggest they change this back to the old way.  I'm hoping if enough of us request that functionality that CK will realize they are hurting their existing user-base with this new approach.

tomejash

The response here was very helpful and I will be reaching out to them as well.

tomejash

One other question for you...you mentioned that you use a coulpe orther services. May ask who they are? I may be interested in registering with them as well.

jmcgee2000

This was helpful I spent several hours going through each tab looking for an option to update my score.  It was very helpful; it is useless if you have guestimate your score.

Jadugar2k

@rjmount -- What are the other two services you use? Are they free like creditkarma? I don't think my creditkarma score is accurate. The score is been same since January although a lot of things have changed.

jeffram1

Yes I'm disappointed to that u can't update I may stop using  credit karma and see Ic there r better apps out there now that u can do they update noe

maxhartman

I really want to be able to update

Homieclause

I don't know about the other places to check my credit score that still allow updating, would you mind informing me of them, I am dilligently working to repair my credit and need to be able to update at will !

Thank You !!

jor02

cannot update payments-my payments are not correct with karma

laboy30

that was definately helpful.. thank you

jc3jc3

rjmount,

What are the 2 other update services you are using?  I'll need to look into those.

Like most people here, I used to LOVE Credit Karma.  Nobody likes getting good things taken away from them.  Make it better by giving us more, by enhancing the site; improving the capabilities, not reducing them.  Don't make it worse by giving us less.  

Whoever thought THAT was a good idea does NOT understand the Credit Karma client.  You've just assured that people will visit your site a lot less often.  Is that really what you and your business partners want?  If so, mission accomplished.

njacobs89

I second this notion. It's what we all signed up for. Sad that consumers have to continually be puppets to the credit agencies.

Lirio4289

You'r right. After reading several other posts too I can also say that not having th ability to update my score daily takes away from the benefit of using credit karma. I read mint.com is a good one? Perhaps I'll try it if Credit Karma doesn't realize their mistake

mayfran

What is the name of your other two websites that you update daily? 

sirdreday

What other site let you update daily?

Without an update option, why bother?

I already use Mint.com, and I won't be providing any account info to another provider - sorry, Credit Karma. Your usefulness to me was in monitoring my credit score and viewing offers. Without the option to monitor effectively, I won't be logging in just to check those offers out, I can assure you. I don't think I'm alone, and I don't think your advertising partners are going to be thrilled about it.

mattdamrow

I second this.  You screwed up, Credit Karma.  You eliminated a, if not THE, key reason people visit to begin with.

Obsolite

The inability to update and check your credit score daily means this website has no further useful functions, other than complain on how good it USED to be.

jmcgee2000

I agree had to subscribe to transunion to see my report in order to monitor it.

jtayl249

I had a transunion account before i found CK and I cancelled it, guess that was a bad idea.

I hate this new system!!!! it sucks

change it back

I like the update buttom...i hate getting emails that my score has change but then logg in and it remains the same.

It's been over a week.

it's been over a week now and my credit has still not updated. So i dont think what they told you was true. i too find the update button very helpful. That may be one of the reasons whay i use the service.

i will contact them and request that they re-enable it.

UPDATE

Totally agree with everything stated regarding the lack of ability to update.... guess I wont be using Credit Karma anymore.

cowney

my main reason for using credit karma was the ability to update my credit score now I can't update daily it dosn't help me wish you would put it back the way it was 

update button!!

why did they change to where wecant update our own information!! this new way blows!! change it back!!

Bring back the old UI

This new system killed one of the main reasons why I visit this site, daily updates!!. I also saw since the new UI an account that was closed now shows it as open, what gives??

Bring back the update button before your loyal users get fed up.

I use Credit Karma ALL the time - I'm actively working on my credit and it's a huge asset to keep myself motivated and in check. But, in a word, this new update SUCKS. My score says it's down 27 points (with no change in actual score), it has my car payment listed twice and I have no option to update more than once a week. Multi-weekly updates were the main reason I use this website (I use Mint to keep track of my bank accounts). I realize this is a free service and I very much appreciate that, but I'd rather pay for a website that works than use one that doesn't.