Question

wondernwoman1234

how do you get a derogatory mark off your credit from a closed business
I have a repo on my credit from 2005 which was the Account was closed in 2011. I'm trying to get this derogatory mark off my credit but apparently the business reporting it is no longer a business. How do I get this off?

dispute rights

You won't be able to just get the remarks removed because if the company is no longer reporting they can't report any updates. Now derogatory remarks only remain on your report for 7 years from the date of first delinquincy. So was that 2005 or 2011?

However you can dispute with all 3 credit bureau's directly as an inaccuracy and if that company doesn't respond within 30 days they will delete the whole tradeline.

Research the ftc.gov if you want to know more about your rights as a consumer.