Question

justchecking77

How do you dispute items on a credit report?

Most Helpful Response

there are items on credit report that are not mine. I feel this cards were open without my knowledge

dispute things on credit reoort

How do you dispute things on credit report?  Things have been paid but still are open on my report!

Disputing on a credit report

You have several weeks to dispute something on your credit report, but don't make frivolous disputes.  If it is something like an account you did not open, but is being reported as yours, dispute it.  

You'll find instructions on how to do disputes on your credit reports.  And you should get your free credit report from all three credit bureaus every year and check them.  Credit bureaus can (and do) make mistakes.

Miemm

But, how do I  dispute an item from Credit Karma?  The March 5, 2014 update is stating that I have a large balance on an account, when in fact, the accout has been paid off several months ago.  This is an negative upon my credit score.

Thank you!I

bigcity521

I had an item corrected on one part of my crdit report, however it still is incorrect on another part. This is confusing to potential credit lenders. How do I fix this? It is current, as now reported, but shows delinquient in another part of the report. Thanks

I have never had a mortage with chase ba

I have never had a mortgage with chase bank. my home is paid for. It was financed by washington Mutual. How do I dispute this?

capitol one credit card

I am not  the primary account owner of this credit card. I was only an authorize user. Please remove this dept off of my accont emediatley .  Or  I will be force to file a lawsuit.

capitol one credit card