Question

Medavinci95

How do we get bad credit off a child's report
I'm 18 and I have two collections on my report from when I was young. Labs and hospitals were never supposed to bill me. I was the patient. How do I get them off my report since I was under age and the bills should have gone to my parents? My mother is unemployed and we get no child support from my father. I'd like all past due bills sent to him, and I did alert the hospitals, labs and doctors to send them to him.

Get all three credit reports at annualcreditreport.com and file disputes on the WRONG information including the medical bills that were to be taken care of by insurance.  Another item is that you were a minor at the time of the billings.  You may have to consider a written dispute on these with a copy of birth certificate enclosed and highlighted to make sure they get the point.

Sometimes it takes persistence to get these things cleared up, but that's worth it.