Question

Tuskers

how do i trust credit karma?
Credit Karma is advising me to get a consolidation loan because I could save all this money because of the APR on my credit cards. The problem is, the APR on all my cards is ZERO!!!!! What is Credit Karma talking about??? I wonder if they are really monitoring my credit or just trying to sell stuff. This scares me a little.

Most Helpful Response

Credit Karma is free to all who care to use it.  But Web site cost money to set up and maintain.  Who is paying for it? The advertisers, of which the majority are credit card companies.  They do not know what the interest rate is on your cards (especially since no card is a permanent 0% interest)  so they are likely going on an industry avwerage of credit card interest when advertising a savings.

BTW, when I consollidated, I did not go with the cards that advertised, I went with my credit union and got a better deal.  Learning how credit works and how to improve yours is the purpose of this site (read the articles for a good education on that) and it is up to the individual to make their own credit decision.