Question

sfv114

How do I track down the creditor responsible for the inquiry?
On my credit report, it lists my hard inquiries. However, I have some that I don't recall authorizing. The issue is: how do I track these creditors down? The "name" listed on my credit report is too generic and when I type that name into google, it doesn't bring up the specific creditor. Is there a way to get a code for the creditor or something so I can track them down?

Why?  Inquiries generally have very little impact on your credit score, initially, none after a year and they are gone after 2 years. The only time they may have an impact is if there were numerous inquiries made for just one transaction, such as a car.