Question

ocalasandy

How do I sue my mortgage company for damages as a result of errors they made in reporting my loan?
I have a letter from my mortgage company admitting that they made two critical errors that affected my credit score and my husband's credit score over at least an 18-month period. We suffered damages (denial of credit, higher interest rate, loss of job, etc.) as a result of the errors. How am I to be made whole? Do I need a lawyer? The letter clearly uses terms such as "we made an error" and "we should have," etc. They've corrected it now, but the damage is already done.

Your best bet is to consult with a credit attorney and the initial conversation is usually free. Your decision to retain an attorney and pursue a case would depend on what is to be potentially gained in the case if anything. If the benefits outweigh the costs then by all means pursue it. Always consult with multiple attorneys remembering that the initial consultation is free. You may be surprised that you get several different types of advice. Best of luck.