Question

Cindy624

How do i stop hard inquires on my credit?

Most Helpful Response

Stop requesting credit! Hard inquiries happen each and every time you apply for a credit card, a personal loan, a student loan, a mortgage, a vehicle loan, etc. They can also happen if you have an account in collections and the collection agency is running it. So either stop applying for credit or if it is a collection agency contact them to resolve the issue and then they won't pull anymore. They only stay on your credit for 2 years, so if you do not do anymore credit applications they will all be gone fairly soon.

mkiernan

I was trying to refi my mortgage and Quicken Loans did 4 hard inquiries and the lender I went with did 1. Quicken won't answer, so how do I get those 4 taken off?

JBirley15

Did you do 4 separate applications with Quicken Loans or just 1 and they kept requesting your credit? Also what was the time frame each inquiry was done? The reason I ask is that there is a consumer protection thing called "rate shopping" what happens there is if you are seeking out your mortgage refi, if all hard inquiries are made within 15-45 days (it depends on the agency) only 1 of those hard inquiries will actually have an effect on your score. This allows consumers to rate shop as you have done.