Question

tamaratheiler1

How do I stop harassing emails from scamers claiming I owe money/threatening prosecution?
I keep receiving emails from different companies saying that I owe them money. They threaten to sue/prosecute me. Usually they say that I have respond within a couple of days. Additionally, they state that my SSN is "put on hold by the US Government." I looked up the various companies and phone numbers and most have appeared on sites like "RipOff Report." However, they still scare me and I'm sick of them. How can I get them to stop? (Short of changing my email address, which I'd prefer not to do.)

Most Helpful Response

Go to FTC.gov and file a complaint on each and every one of these e-mails with the FTC.  Do this every time you get one.  The scammers may find they bit off a whole lot more than they can chew.  Be persistent and do not even respond to these scammers.  If, after a few reports, you're still getting these e-mails, see if you can set your inbox to blacklist  these.