Question

AnnaG90

How do I start building my credit?
I don't have any credit history and I don't know how to establish one either because every credit card company declines me a card for no credit history.

You will need to start out with a secured credit card. Use the bank where you have a checking/saving account and ask them for a secured credit card. This card will link to your bank account and you usually have to put money in it to use it. It's sort of like a gift card but an actual credit card under your name Use it and pay it off each month for 6 months. This will give you a credit score and start your history. Do this for a year and then asked your bank to see if you qualify for one of their credit card. Then you will want to sign up for Capital One or Discover, cap1 is easier to get. Afterwards, keep it for a year then apply for the big cards when your score is above 700. Shouldn't take much time.