Question

yolanda125furgunson

How do I safely build a credit score?
I am young and just starting college and I want to find a way to safely build a credit score without having to worry about too much. I have a long family history of credit card debt and do not want to follow that trend. What is the best and safest way for me to start building my credit now?

The first thing that you need to do before you do anything is to really take some time to educate yourself on credit. I suggest one to two hours of reading everyday on the topic of credit before you do anything. There is a wealth of information on here and across the internet. Remember, thirty or forty hours of reading is better than thirty or forty years of financial problems due to mistakes made from being uneducated on the subject.